Wily’s Second Annual Career Fair
How many times have you heard the phrase “your network is your net worth”? The people you know are part of what helps you access opportunity.
But we don’t all start on equal footing. Many students arrive on campus with a professional network inherited from parents and family friends. Wily Scholars are working to build networks of their own.
That’s why the Wily Network holds an annual Career Fair for Scholars. Recruiters and representatives from a variety of industries attend to share job and internship opportunities, raise awareness of different career paths, and make lasting professional connections with Scholars.
At Wily’s 2022 Career Fair, an amazing lineup of companies and individuals showed up to support Wily Scholars in building their networks and exploring career options.
Highlights of the event included:
- Two Wily alumni returning to speak with current Scholars about their careers at Trivium Interactive and the City of Boston.
- Wily Scholars from different colleges connecting over the realization that they have the same major and similar career goals.
- A Scholar reuniting with the folks at Hencove, where he interned last summer.
- A Wily Scholar getting offered a job for this upcoming summer
- A Wily Coach reconnecting with an old friend from college, who was there as a representative from the Massachusetts Commission on LGBTQ youth.
- Scholars benefitting from branching out – one student with an interest in criminal justice chatted with a representative at First Republic Bank, who made plans to connect her with a friend in the FBI.
We’re so grateful to Simmons University for hosting us, and to our incredible volunteer Mary Beth Lisman for working with all the companies to help us make this event a success! We also owe a huge thank you to Francey Fenton (she/her), Becky King (she/her) and Beth Franklin (she/her) for serving as host and connectors for the event.